Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Palace of Versailles

Over the weekend while I was in Paris I went to the Palace of Versailles. Even though the gardens were not yet in bloom, the fountains turned off, and some of the statues covered it was still quite nice. I did a tour out there so that I could actually learn about the statues and such and a little about the kings who lived there and how the château came to be. I did go inside as well I figured the "off" season would be a good time though there where still lots of people there. Unlike Holyrood this palace really seemed over the top.

This is one of the fountains in the gardens the Apollo Fountain supposedly as he is coming out with the sun to go across the sky though with the water and the merpeople it really reminds me more of poseidon or Neptune as this was based more on the Romans than Greeks.

Apollo Fountain

No comments:

Post a Comment