Sunday, April 3, 2011

Wales

Wales is going to be tough for my wallet but really good for my dragon collection! I have actually decided to limit myself to one new dragon purchase, I know that I will want to buy several but one should be ok.

Wales has a pretty good transportation system not so much a system of cheap hostels like the rest of the UK. This means that I may not get to see everything I would like to see.

Over the past few days I have visited three castles that were restored by the Fourth Marquis of Bute, he had a lot of other titles and was very rich. He restored two castles on the outside to look like what they would have in the medieval times the insides though were what the Victorians thought they did. The third castle was partially restored but was never intended to live there.

The three castles were Cardiff Castle, Castle Coch, and Caerphilly  Castle. Cardiff was nice but kinda eh, though they are trying to make it seem more lively but with just mostly walls left it will be hard. Castle Coch looked really cool on the outside was nice and small inside horrible taste in decoration. The area though was quite nice and I enjoyed that. The third castle is my favorite so far. It is a restored ruin with lots of little nooks and crannies that make it interesting. I enjoyed exploring Caerphilly Castle.

Caerphilly Castle

No comments:

Post a Comment